The Investor Class is a category of immigration to Canada that allows individuals with high net worth to obtain permanent residency in Canada by making a significant investment in the Canadian economy. In this guide, we’ll explain the eligibility requirements, benefits, and application process for the Investor Class program.
To be eligible for the Investor Class program, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a personal net worth of at least CAD $10 million, which was legally acquired.
- You must have at least two years of senior management experience in a business, either owned by yourself or another organization.
- You must make an investment of CAD $2 million in the Immigrant Investor Venture Capital (IIVC) Fund, which is managed by the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC).
Benefits of Immigrating to Canada through Investment
Immigrating to Canada through the Investor Class program offers a number of benefits, including:
- Permanent residency in Canada: Successful applicants and their families will be granted permanent residency in Canada, allowing them to live, work, and study in Canada indefinitely.
- Access to quality healthcare and education: As permanent residents, investors and their families will have access to Canada’s universal healthcare system and top-quality education system.
- Pathway to Canadian citizenship: After living in Canada for a certain period of time, investors and their families may be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship.
- Business opportunities: As investors in the Canadian economy, individuals may also have access to business opportunities and may be able to expand their own businesses in Canada.
The application process for the Investor Class program includes the following steps:
Step 1: Determine eligibility
Review the eligibility requirements for the program to determine if you qualify for the program.
Step 2: Make an investment
Make an investment of CAD $2 million in the Immigrant Investor Venture Capital (IIVC) Fund, which is managed by the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC).
Step 3: Submit an application
Submit your application for permanent residency, including all required documentation and the CAD $15,000 application fee.
Request for Our Free Consultation
Step 4: Attend an interview
If requested, attend an interview with an immigration officer to discuss your application and answer any questions they may have.
Step 5: Receive a decision
The immigration officer will review your application and make a decision on whether to approve your application for permanent residency in Canada.
The Investor Class program is a great option for individuals with high net worth who are interested in immigrating to Canada through investment. By meeting the eligibility requirements and following the application process, you could be on your way to obtaining permanent residency in Canada and enjoying all the benefits that come with it.